- Site Selection & Site Assignment Permitting
- Landfill Design, Operations & Closure
- Landfill Assessments
- Closure Alternatives Analyses
- Materials Recovery Facility Planning & Design
- Transfer Station Planning & Design
- Solid Waste Management Planning Studies
- Operational Assistance & Regulatory Compliance
Nobis is recognized as a leader in providing cost-effective professional services to clients with solid waste facilities. The firm offers clients comprehensive expertise in the planning, permitting, design, construction and compliance monitoring of solid waste disposal facilities. Each solid waste project is tailored to meet the specific client needs, facility characteristics, and local, state, or Federal requirements.
Nobis’ solid waste capabilities are complemented by our strong engineering and management experience. Nobis professionals are experienced in designing and successfully permitting a number of large landfills, transfer stations, and recycling facilities. Nobis’ engineering and management experience is supported by personnel experienced in performing field inspections of landfill conditions and supervision of landfill construction, operation, and closure activities.
The firm currently is able to represent large solid waste clients while continuing to have the ability to provide service to the small-town, municipal landfill. Representative landfill and solid waste facility projects include:
- Elizabeth Mine Superfund Site, South Strafford, VT
- Holderness Municipal Landfill Transfer Station, Holderness, NH
- Bestway Belmont Transfer Facility, Belmont, NH
- Veterans Administration Northampton Landfill Closure, Northampton, MA
- Plymouth Municipal Landfill, Plymouth, NH